I found this recipe on Ocado‘s website (where I grocery shop). It is a VERY grown-up salad with lots of complex flavours mixed together. And fennel is my absolute favourite, so I’m always looking for more ways to incorporate it into my meals. I’ve actually never made it with pancetta because I always remember at the last minute that it’s still frozen in the freezer. Story of my cooking life.
- 1 cauliflower, leaves removed and chopped into small florets
- 12 baby leeks, sliced into 1cm rounds
- 100g blanched almonds
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 150g smoked pancetta cubes
- 115g baby spinach
- 2 bulbs fennel, finely sliced
- 100g mixed pitted olives
- 25g fresh parsley, leaves chopped
- 1 sprinkle parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. In a large, deep oven tray, mix the cauliflower, leeks, almonds, oil, smoked paprika, lemon zest and lemon juice with some seasoning, stirring well. Cook in the oven for 12-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, fry the pancetta in a non-stick frying pan for 3-5 mins until golden. Drain on some kitchen paper and set aside.
- Remove the cauliflower pan from the oven and toss with the spinach, fennel, olives and parsley.
- Serve on a large plate with an extra drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of parmesan and a few lemon wedges.